Tito Jackson is a renowned American musician and singer-songwriter. Born on October 15, 1953, in Gary, Indiana, he is best known as one of the original members of the Jackson 5, who rose to fame with the Motown label in the late 1960s and 1970s. Tito later achieved continued success with the group on the Epic label in the late 1970s and 1980s.
Aside from his musical career, Tito has also appeared in several films and television shows, including “The Love Boat” and “The Simpsons.” He has also released solo albums, including “I Gotta Play” and “So Far, So Good.” Tito has been married twice and has three sons. He is also the uncle of the late Michael Jackson, who was his younger brother.
With a career spanning over five decades, Tito Jackson has amassed a significant net worth. According to reputable sources, his estimated net worth is $2 million as of 2023. Tito continues to perform and tour, showcasing his talent as a guitarist and singer to audiences around the world.
Birth and Family
Tito Jackson was born on October 15, 1953, in Gary, Indiana, as Toriano Adaryll Jackson. He is the third child of Joseph and Katherine Jackson. Tito has eight siblings, including Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, and Jermaine Jackson. His family was musically inclined, and his father played guitar in a local R&B band.
Tito Jackson attended Theodore Roosevelt High School in Gary, Indiana. He was interested in music from a young age and taught himself to play the guitar while his father was away at work. Tito and his brothers began performing in school functions and local shows, and they soon caught the attention of Motown Records.
Despite their success, Tito continued his education and graduated from high school in 1971. He later attended the American Conservatory of Music in Chicago, where he studied music theory and composition.
Tito Jackson is an American musician who rose to fame as a member of the legendary Jackson 5. He was born on October 15, 1953, in Gary, Indiana, and began his music career at a young age. Tito played a significant role in the success of the Jackson 5, which was one of the most successful bands in the 1970s. The band was known for its soulful and upbeat music, which was loved by millions of fans around the world.
After the Jackson 5 disbanded, Tito continued his music career and released several solo albums, including “I Gotta Play” and “So Far, So Good.” He also collaborated with other artists such as Michael Jackson, The Commodores, and Whitney Houston. Tito is a skilled guitarist and has been praised for his unique style of playing.
Aside from his music career, Tito Jackson has also been involved in politics. He ran for the Boston City Council in 2017 and was endorsed by several prominent politicians, including former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. Although Tito was not successful in his bid for the City Council, he remains active in politics and continues to advocate for social justice and equality.
Tito Jackson is a talented musician and a passionate advocate for social justice. His contributions to the music industry and his commitment to making the world a better place have made him a beloved figure among fans and activists alike.
Tito Jackson was married to Delores Martes from 1972 to 1988, and the couple had three sons together: Taj, Taryll, and TJ. Tito is also the uncle of Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson, both of whom he has collaborated with musically.
Tito Jackson stands at 6 feet 1 inch tall, which is above average height for a man. His height has been an asset to him in his career as a musician, allowing him to stand out on stage and command attention.
Tito Jackson is an American singer, songwriter, and instrumentalist who has an estimated net worth of $2 million as of 2023. He gained his wealth from his successful career as a member of the Jackson 5 and later with The Jacksons, as well as his solo music career.
In addition to his music career, Tito has also appeared on several TV shows, including “The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty” and “Celebrity Big Brother”. He has also made cameo appearances in movies such as “The Blues Brothers” and “The Ladies Man”.
Tito has also been involved in various business ventures, including a record label and a clothing line. He has also been an advocate for various charitable causes, including the American Diabetes Association and the United Negro College Fund.
Tito Jackson has had a successful career in the music industry and has earned a substantial net worth through his talents and various business ventures.
Facts and Achievements
Tito Jackson, born Toriano Adaryll Jackson on October 15, 1953, is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and guitarist. Here are some interesting facts and achievements about Tito Jackson:
- Tito Jackson is best known for being a member of the Jackson 5, a Motown group that rose to fame in the late 1960s and 1970s. He played guitar and sang backing vocals for the group.
- Tito Jackson has been in the music industry for over 50 years and has released several solo albums. His most recent solo album, “Under Your Spell,” was released in 2016.
- In addition to music, Tito Jackson has also appeared on television and in films. He made a cameo appearance in the film “The Blues Brothers” in 1980 and appeared on the reality television show “The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty” in 2009.
- Tito Jackson has been recognized for his contributions to music. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Jackson 5 in 1997 and received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Rhythm and Blues Music Awards in 2017.
- Tito Jackson has also been involved in philanthropy. He founded the Tito Jackson Foundation, which provides music education and resources to underprivileged youth in the Boston area.
- Tito Jackson has been married twice and has three sons. He was married to Delores Martes from 1972 to 1988 and then married Sonia Galindo in 2013.
Tito Jackson has had a successful music career, both as a member of The Jackson 5 and The Jacksons, and as a solo artist. Here is a brief overview of his discography:
- I Gotta Play (2003) – Tito’s debut solo album featuring collaborations with rapper Big Daddy Kane and singer Betty Wright.
- So Far So Good (2011) – A mix of R&B, funk, and rock, with guest appearances from his brothers Jackie, Marlon, and Michael.
- Under Your Spell (2016) – A collection of soulful ballads and upbeat dance tracks, produced by Gregg Pagani.
- Get It Baby (1978) – A disco-funk track featuring Tito on lead vocals.
- We Made It (1983) – A catchy pop song from The Jacksons’ album “Victory”, co-written by Tito.
- One Way Street (2017) – A bluesy rock track from Tito’s album “Under Your Spell”.
- 2300 Jackson Street (1989) – The title track from The Jacksons’ final album, featuring vocals from Tito.
- We Are The World (1985) – Tito was one of the many artists who participated in this charity single for famine relief in Africa.
- Why (1993) – A duet with singer Deniece Williams, featured on her album “Lullabies to Dreamland”.
Tito Jackson’s music has spanned multiple genres and generations, and his contributions to the music industry continue to be celebrated by fans around the world.
Tito Jackson has made several appearances in movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Here are some of his notable works:
- The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty (2009) – A reality TV show that followed the Jackson brothers as they prepared for a reunion tour. Tito appeared as himself in all six episodes.
- The Jacksons: An American Dream (1992) – A miniseries that chronicled the rise of the Jackson 5 and their success as a group. Tito was portrayed by Terrence Howard.
- The Jacksons: Can You Feel It (1981) – A music video that featured the Jacksons performing their hit song “Can You Feel It.” Tito played guitar in the video.
- An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (1997) – A comedy film about a director who tries to disown a movie he made. Tito had a small role as himself in the film.
- Glastonbury 2017 (2017) – A music documentary that covered the Glastonbury Festival in 2017. Tito appeared as himself in the documentary.
Tito Jackson has also appeared in several talk shows, including The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Late Late Show with James Corden. He has also made guest appearances in TV shows like The Love Boat and Diff’rent Strokes.