Jimmy Page is a renowned English musician, songwriter, and record producer who achieved international success as the guitarist and founder of the rock band Led Zeppelin. Born on January 9, 1944, in the United Kingdom, Page is known for his prolific guitar riffs, which involve various alternative guitar tunings and melodic solos, coupled with aggressive, distorted guitar tones. He started his career with the Yardbirds before forming Led Zeppelin, which went on to become one of the most successful rock bands in history.
Apart from his music career, Jimmy Page is also known for his net worth, which is estimated to be around $200 million as of 2023. He has been in various relationships, including with Jimena Gómez-Paratcha and Patricia Ecker. Page is also a philanthropist, having supported various charities over the years. In this article, we will look over Jimmy Page’s wiki, bio, birthday, net worth, family, relationship, and other interesting facts, providing you with an in-depth look into the life of this legendary musician.
James Patrick Page was born on January 9, 1944, in Heston, Middlesex, England. His father, James Patrick Page Sr., was a doctor’s secretary, while his mother, Patricia Elizabeth Gaffikin, worked as an industrial personnel manager.
Page grew up in Hounslow, a suburb of London, and attended Ewell County Secondary School for Boys. He later attended Epsom County Pound Lane Primary School, where he first discovered his love for music.
At the age of 13, after being inspired by Elvis Presley’s “Baby Let’s Play House,” Page picked up the guitar and began teaching himself to play. He took a few lessons but was mostly self-taught.
Throughout his teenage years, Page played in various bands and honed his skills as a guitarist. He eventually became a session musician and worked with some of the biggest names in British music at the time.
Page’s early life and experiences in the music industry would go on to shape his career and influence generations of musicians to come.
Jimmy Page began his career as a session musician in London, England, playing on recordings for a variety of artists. In 1966, he joined The Yardbirds, a popular British rock band, as their lead guitarist. During his time with the band, he played on several of their hit songs, including “Heart Full of Soul” and “For Your Love.”
In 1968, Page formed Led Zeppelin, one of the most successful and influential rock bands of all time. As the band’s founder and guitarist, he helped create their unique sound, which blended blues, folk, and rock into a new and exciting style. Page wrote or co-wrote many of the band’s biggest hits, including “Stairway to Heaven,” “Whole Lotta Love,” and “Kashmir.”
After Led Zeppelin disbanded in 1980, Page pursued a solo career, releasing several albums and collaborating with other musicians. He also worked as a record producer, producing albums for artists like Robert Plant, The Firm, and Jack White.
Throughout his career, Page has collaborated with some of the biggest names in music, including Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and David Coverdale. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest guitarists of all time, known for his innovative playing style and iconic guitar solos.
Jimmy Page’s career has spanned over five decades and has left an indelible mark on the world of rock music.
Honors and Recognition
Throughout his career, Jimmy Page has received numerous honors and recognitions for his contributions to music. Here are some of the most notable:
- In 2005, Page was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Led Zeppelin.
- Rolling Stone magazine has consistently ranked Page as one of the greatest guitarists of all time, placing him at number three on their list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time in 2011.
- In 2005, Page was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for his services to music.
- Led Zeppelin was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999.
- In addition to his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Led Zeppelin, Page has also been inducted as a member of The Yardbirds and The Firm.
- Page has received numerous awards for his work as a musician, including a Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance in 1998 for “Blues Explosion Live”.
- Page has also been recognized for his work as a producer, receiving a Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 2009 for his work on Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.
Jimmy Page’s contributions to music have been widely recognized and celebrated, cementing his legacy as one of the greatest guitarists and musicians of all time.
Jimmy Page has had an eventful personal life, with two marriages and several children. In this section, we will take a closer look at his marital status, children, and relationships.
Jimmy Page has been married twice in his life. His first marriage was to model Patricia Ecker in 1986. The couple had one son together, James Patrick Page III, before they divorced in 1995. Following his divorce from Ecker, Jimmy Page married Jimena Gómez-Paratcha in 1995. Unfortunately, their marriage also ended in divorce in 2008.
Jimmy Page has five children from different relationships. His first child, James Patrick Page III, was born to him and his first wife, Patricia Ecker. He also has a daughter named Scarlet with Charlotte Martin, whom he dated in the 1970s. In addition, he has three other children, Ashen Josan Page, Zofia Jade Page, and Jana Page, with Jimena Gómez-Paratcha.
In terms of his relationship with his children, Jimmy Page has been known to be a doting father. He has often been seen attending events with his children and has been actively involved in their lives.
Jimmy Page’s personal life has been filled with ups and downs, but he has always been a devoted family man. Despite his busy career as a musician, he has always made time for his family and has been a loving father to all of his children.
Jimmy Page has had a successful career as a musician, songwriter, and producer. He is best known as the guitarist and founder of the legendary rock band Led Zeppelin. As of 2023, his estimated net worth is around $180 million.
Page has earned his wealth through his music career, which includes record sales, tours, and royalties. He has also worked on various projects outside of Led Zeppelin, including producing albums for other artists and working on film soundtracks.
In addition to his music career, Page has also invested in real estate. He owns several properties, including a mansion in London and a castle in Scotland.
Despite his wealth, Page has been known to be very private about his finances. He rarely discusses his net worth in interviews and prefers to focus on his music and other creative projects.
Jimmy Page’s net worth is a testament to his talent and hard work as a musician and producer. He has left a lasting impact on the music industry and continues to inspire new generations of artists.
Jimmy Page is a legendary guitarist and musician, known for his unique style and sound. He was born on January 9, 1944, which makes him 78 years old as of 2023. Despite his age, he still looks fit and healthy.
Page has a height of 5’11” (1.8034 meters), and his weight is around 75 kg. He has dark brown hair and grey eyes, which are some of his distinctive physical features. He has a lean and athletic build, which he has maintained over the years.
Page’s physical attributes have been an essential part of his success as a musician. He has been able to perform for long hours on stage, thanks to his excellent stamina and energy. He has also been able to maintain his dexterity and precision on the guitar, which has made him one of the best guitarists of all time.
Jimmy Page’s physical attributes have played a vital role in his success as a musician. His height, weight, and overall fitness have helped him maintain his energy and stamina on stage, while his dexterity and precision on the guitar have made him a legend in the music industry.
- Jimmy Page was born on January 9, 1944, in Heston, England, as James Patrick Page.
- He is best known as the lead guitarist and founder of the legendary rock band Led Zeppelin.
- Page’s father was a personnel manager, and his mother was a doctor’s secretary of Irish descent.
- He began playing guitar at the age of 12 and was inspired by Elvis Presley’s song “Baby Let’s Play House.”
- Page has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, first as a member of The Yardbirds in 1992 and then as a member of Led Zeppelin in 1995.
- He is widely regarded as one of the greatest guitarists of all time and has influenced countless musicians.
- Page has a net worth of $170 million, primarily from his music career as a guitarist, songwriter, and producer.
- He has been romantically linked to several women throughout his life, including Charlotte Martin, a French model, and Patricia Ecker, a photographer.
- Page was close friends with drummer John Bonham, who tragically died in 1980 from asphyxiation after vomiting.
- In addition to his music career, Page is also an accomplished artist and has exhibited his work in galleries around the world.