Ashley Frangipane, better known by her stage name Halsey, is an American singer, songwriter, and activist. Born on September 29, 1994, in Edison, New Jersey, Halsey began her music career in 2014 with the release of her debut EP, Room 93. She gained significant recognition with her debut studio album, Badlands, which was released in 2015 and peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200.
Halsey’s music is known for its unique blend of pop, alternative pop, and R&B. Her powerful and emotional lyrics often touch on themes of mental health, sexuality, and relationships. In addition to her music career, Halsey is also an advocate for various social and political issues, including women’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and racial justice. With over 25 million monthly listeners on Spotify and numerous awards and nominations under her belt, Halsey has established herself as one of the most influential artists of her generation.
Birth and Family
Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, popularly known as Halsey, was born on September 29, 1994, in Edison, New Jersey. Her parents, Nicole and Chris Frangipane, dropped out of college when they discovered that Nicole was pregnant with Ashley. Halsey has two younger brothers.
Halsey attended Warren Hills Regional High School in Washington, New Jersey. She was a talented student and was involved in many extracurricular activities, including the school’s cheerleading team. After graduating from high school, Halsey enrolled in the Rhode Island School of Design but dropped out after one year to pursue her music career.
Halsey’s early life was not without its struggles. She has spoken openly about her experiences with bipolar disorder, which she was diagnosed with at the age of 17. Despite these challenges, Halsey persevered and has become a successful musician and performer.
Ashley Frangipane, better known as Halsey, started her music career by posting self-written songs on social media platforms like Tumblr and Soundcloud. She gained a significant following and eventually signed with Astralwerks in 2014.
Halsey’s first EP, Room 93, was released in October 2014. The EP featured five songs, including “Ghost” and “Hurricane,” which helped her gain more attention in the music industry.
Rise to Fame
In 2015, Halsey released her debut studio album, Badlands, which debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200. The album featured hit singles like “New Americana” and “Colors.”
Halsey’s second studio album, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, was released in 2017 and debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200. The album included the hit singles “Now or Never” and “Bad at Love.”
Halsey’s third studio album, Manic, was released in 2020 and debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200. The album featured collaborations with artists like BTS, Alanis Morissette, and Dominic Fike.
In addition to her successful music career, Halsey has also been involved in various social and political activism causes, including supporting LGBT rights and mental health awareness.
Ashley Frangipane, better known by her stage name Halsey, has released four studio albums, one live album, five extended plays, 26 singles, and 14 music videos. Her debut studio album, “Badlands,” was released in 2015 and peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 chart. It was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and spawned hit singles such as “New Americana” and “Colors.”
In 2017, Halsey released her second studio album, “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom,” which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart. The album was certified Platinum by the RIAA and featured hit singles such as “Now or Never” and “Bad at Love.”
Her third studio album, “Manic,” was released in 2020 and debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 chart. The album was certified Platinum by the RIAA and features collaborations with artists such as BTS, Alanis Morissette, and Dominic Fike. The album’s lead single, “Without Me,” became her first number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Halsey’s fourth studio album, “If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power,” is set to be released in August 2021. She has described the album as a concept album that explores themes of pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood.
In addition to her studio albums, Halsey has released several extended plays, including “Room 93” and “Collabs.” She has also collaborated with numerous artists, including The Chainsmokers, Benny Blanco, and Juice WRLD.
Halsey’s discography showcases her unique blend of pop, alternative, and electropop music, as well as her powerful and introspective lyrics.
Awards and Achievements
Throughout her career, Ashley Frangipane, better known as Halsey, has received numerous awards and nominations for her music and activism. Here are some of her most notable achievements:
- In 2016, Halsey won the Rising Star award at the Billboard Women in Music event.
- She was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2017 for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for her collaboration with The Chainsmokers on the song “Closer.”
- Halsey won the award for Favorite Song – Pop/Rock at the American Music Awards in 2019 for her hit single “Without Me.”
- She was named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world in 2020.
- Halsey has been a vocal advocate for mental health awareness, suicide prevention, and sexual assault victims. In 2018, she received the Hal David Starlight Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame for her impact on the music industry and her efforts to raise awareness for important causes.
In addition to her music and activism, Halsey has also made a name for herself as a fashion icon and has been featured in numerous fashion magazines and events. She has also been praised for her poetry and has published a collection of poems titled “I Would Leave Me If I Could” in 2020.
Halsey’s dedication to her craft and her advocacy for important causes have earned her a well-deserved place among the most successful and influential artists of her generation.
Ashley Frangipane, better known by her stage name Halsey, was born on September 29, 1994, in Edison, New Jersey. She is the daughter of Nicole and Chris Frangipane, who dropped out of college after her mother discovered that she was pregnant with her. Halsey’s mother works as an emergency medical technician (EMT), while her father manages a car dealership. She has two younger brothers named Sevian and Dante.
Halsey has been in several high-profile relationships over the years. She had an on-and-off relationship with her music producer Lido. They dated rapper G-Eazy from 2017 up until late 2018. She then dated Yungblud in 2019 before beginning a relationship with Evan Peters, which ended in 2020. In 2021, she announced that she was expecting her first child with her boyfriend, screenwriter Alev Aydin.
Halsey stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm). She has a slim build and often experiments with her hair color and style.
Ashley Frangipane, popularly known as Halsey, has an estimated net worth of $20 million as of 2023, according to Celebrity Net Worth. She has amassed her wealth through her successful career as a singer and songwriter.
Halsey’s debut album, “Badlands,” reached the three billion stream mark in September 2020, which is a testament to her popularity and success in the music industry. Her other albums, including “Manic,” “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom,” and “Room 93,” have also contributed to her net worth.
Apart from her music career, Halsey has also ventured into acting, which has added to her wealth. She has appeared in movies such as “A Star Is Born” and “The High Note,” as well as TV shows like “American Horror Story.”
Halsey is also known for her philanthropic work and activism, which includes supporting various causes such as mental health, LGBTQ+ rights, and racial justice. She has also donated to organizations like the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
Halsey’s net worth is a reflection of her hard work, talent, and dedication to her craft.
Ashley Frangipane, better known as Halsey, is a popular American singer, songwriter, and activist. Here are a few interesting facts about her:
- Halsey was born on September 29, 1994, in Edison, New Jersey, to Nicole and Chris Frangipane. Her parents dropped out of college after her mother discovered that she was pregnant with her.
- She chose the name Halsey as her stage name, which is an anagram of her first name, Ashley.
- Halsey has been open about her struggles with bipolar disorder and has used her platform to raise awareness about mental health.
- She is an advocate for the LGBTQ+ community and has been vocal about her bisexuality.
- Halsey has collaborated with several popular artists, including The Chainsmokers, Justin Bieber, and BTS.
- She has released four studio albums, including “Badlands,” “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom,” “Manic,” and “If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power.”
- Halsey has won several awards, including a Billboard Women in Music Award, a GLAAD Media Award, and an American Music Award.
- In addition to her music career, Halsey has also dabbled in acting, appearing in the television series “Roadies” and the film “A Star is Born.”
- She has a tattoo of a matchstick on her right arm, which she got to represent the idea of lighting a fire and being a catalyst for change.
- Halsey is known for her unique fashion sense and has been featured in several fashion magazines, including Vogue and Elle.
These are just a few interesting facts about Halsey, who continues to captivate audiences with her music and activism.